Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In Which FAB Breaks Promise to Self Not to Initiate Further Conversation

FAB: How was the [cocktail party I wasn't invited to because you were going as Jonathan Lethem's date]*?
Major Crush Object of the Summer Whom I'm Pretty Much Over: Didn't go. My friend Paul went to jail, and I got bummed.
FAB: Oh my god! What happened?
MCOotSWIPMO: He got into an incident last week, and today he got arrested.
FAB: Is he still in jail or did he bail out?
MCOotSWIPMO: He is in for the night. Maybe longer. Not sure. Waiting to hear about the bail.
FAB: Ugh. I'm sorry. I'm sure he'll be fine, but that really sucks.
MCOotSWIPMO: Yeah. Lame. Kind of a funny story though.
FAB: That preceded the arrest? Precipitated? Or you mean in general? After the fact?
MCOotSWIPMO: He hit someone in the face with a turkey sandwich and scratched a cornea, and they pressed charges.
FAB: Oh.
MCOotSWIPMO: Yeah.
FAB: Wait, was it on toast?

*Fortunately we agreed that FAB has nicer legs and is overall much sexier than Jonathan Lethem but that Lethem is the superior writer. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment